Monday, January 24, 2011

Words of Wisdom

Clearly I haven't posted in a while.  If you're wondering why, I'll tell you (if you're not wondering, than stop reading--who asked you anyway?).  College is hard.  I have a bazillion (yes, it's a real word) things to do.  Not only am I responsible for my schoolwork and my job, I am also doing the shopping, cooking, and banking for my very big family of one.

It is utterly ridiculous that one person could generate so much dirty laundry.

One shining beacon of hope at the end of the tunnel: I don't have a calling yet.  To all of you out there who do... haha!  I'm enjoying all the (nonexistent) freedom that not having a calling provides me with.  And you actually have to attend meetings on Sunday morning.  That is hilarious to me!  Of course, I have to be careful not to blow my own horn too loudly, the bishop is not yet done handing out death sentences.  Actually, it's not that bad.  But hey, why complain about a good thing?

I have to cook meals for myself whenever I get hungry.  No mother here to take care of that.

Yesterday, I sat myself down and determined that I would do homework all day.  So, I read.  And read.  And READ.  Methodically, I marked of assignment after assignment.  But, at the end of the day, I felt like I got nothing accomplished.  I had in fact actually done quite a bit, but I still have so much to do.  Welcome to the overwhelming life of a college student.

Out of quarters?  How can I be out of quarters?  Well, I just go to the Central Building and--DRAT! that was my dryer she just stole.  I hope her clothes bleed.

Minimum payment: $25.00.  I pay my credit card bill online on time, every time.  I have it down to a science.  Then one day, I get an e-mail saying that I have a payment due on September 15th.  No big deal.  I log on, and there I am told that my account is current.  What?  I spent the next few weeks pulling my hair out trying to figure out what was wrong.  Turns out, I am more responsible than the institution that I bank at.  I had already made the payment due on the 15th, the bank just hadn't bothered to prevent the reminder e-mail from being sent out to me.  How can I trust these people if I am better at managing my finances than they are.

Little known fact: if one does not buy any food, one will have nothing to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment