Monday, January 24, 2011

Baptised in Dirty Water

The football game was over and I was exhausted.  As I slumped in the front seat of my Dad's car, a couple college students walked in front of the car and Dad slammed on the brakes.  So much for falling asleep.

"That was stupid.  Emily, promise my you'll never a stupid college student."

"Okay.  I don't want to be like that."

Whoops.  Perhaps it is a good thing that my Dad is living far away from me, so that he doesn't have to see the crazy person that I have become.  Let's review.  Since being in Utah I have done the following:
  • Laid down in the middle of Timpview Drive.
  • Been kicked out of a park by a policeman
  • Stared down multiple cars while walking down the middle of multiple streets
  • Ran through sprinklers at midnight
  • E-mailed Steven Crowder, requesting a cardboard cutout
  • Had loud dance parties in the kitchen of my apartment
  • Yelled out the window at random people
  • Run screaming across campus
  • Called Joe Jonas
  • Dyed my hair red
  • Jay-walked with great abandon
  • Seen Psycho TWICE in one week!!!
And that doesn't really even begin to cover it...

Well, Dad, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for being exactly what you told me not to be.  But, I have to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed feeling invincible.  And I will continue in a similar vein.  When else will I have the drive or the energy to act like an idiot?

Now all I need to do is find a boy with a motorcycle...

No comments:

Post a Comment