Monday, January 24, 2011

The British Invasion Project

In just under a month I will be invading Britain! And, in return for that I have decided that I will allow a British invasion of my own. For the four months that I spend on London Study Abroad I will be listening to only British music. Part of this will be difficult because neither country music nor Bon Jovi hail from Britain. However, my musical selections are not nearly as limited as you might think.

Here is a list of some of the music I will be allowing myself to listen to:
  • AC/DC (They're defined as an Australian band but the Young brothers were born in Scotland so they count)
  • The Alan Parsons Project
  • Alexi Murdoch
  • Altered Images
  • Amy Winehouse
  • Andy Gibb
  • Arctic Monkeys
  • Ash
  • The Beatles
  • Belle & Sebastian
  • Blue October (UK)
  • Bonnie Tyler
  • Boy Kill Boy
  • The Boy Least Likely To
  • The Buggles
  • Cat Stevens
  • The Clash
  • Coldplay
  • David Bowie
  • Def Leppard
  • Depeche Mode
  • Electric Light Orchestra
  • Enya (actual listening to her is unlikely)
  • Sir Elton John
  • Eric Clapton
  • Fatboy Slim
  • Foreigner (their frontman is British)
  • Gary Glitter
  • Genesis (Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel)
  • The Hollies
  • Jay Sean
  • KT Tunstall
  • The La's
  • Leona Lewis
  • Lick the Tins
  • Natasha Bedingfield
  • Nick Drake
  • Olivia Newton-John (she was born in England)
  • Ozzy Osbourne
  • Pink Floyd
  • The Proclaimers
  • Queen
  • Radiohead
  • The Rolling Stones
  • Seal
  • Snow Patrol
  • Supertramp
  • The Ting Tings
  • The Tremeloes
  • Toploader
  • U2
  • Van Morrison
  • The Who
  • XTC
  • Yaz (Yazoo)
I'm sure there are more, so I will be adding to this list as I go. In the mean time, I will be listening to a lot of KISS, Styx, The Shins, Weezer and Ok Go in preparation for four months without such bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment