Friday, March 11, 2011

Maybe I'm Amazed

On 11 March 1997 Queen Elizabeth II knighted Sir Paul McCartney for "services to music." That's an understatement.

Here's to the left-handed Beatle. It's thanks to him we have songs such as I Will, Blackbird, I'm Looking Through You, All My Loving, P. S. I Love You, Hey Jude, Back in the U. S. S. R., Another Girl, The Long and Winding Road, The Night Before, I've Just Seen a Face, Honey Pie, Yesterday, Hello Goodbye, Good Day Sunshine, Get Back, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band, Helter Skelter, Carry That Weight, And I Love Her... And those are just the Beatles songs. He's also responsible for Maybe I'm Amazed, Band on the Run, Silly Love Songs and others with Wings. He even composed Liverpool Oratio, a classical piece of music for the Liverpool Cathedral.

Paul McCartney's Childhood Home in Liverpool







Paul's Bedroom Window, Over 100 Songs Written Here

Wall Outside Original Cavern Club


Cheers, Paul. Thanks for always saying what I'm feeling in a song, so I don't have to put into words myself. I just blast the music.



"Nothing pleases me more than to go into a room and come out with a piece of music." --Paul McCartney

1 comment:

  1. How nice it is to have a Paul McCartney fan in the family! You know, he and I share the same birthday . . .

    ReplyDelete